We are now accepting bookings for the 2014/2015 season.
We will open December 15, 2014 and our closing will depend on weather and conditions. Our online booking calendar is available through March 31, 2015.
$385 FOR SINGLE SEATS
For parties of less than 6: We will offer single seats Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday only. Please see our book now page to check availability.
- We need a minimum of 6 single seats booked per day in order guarantee a trip. If the 6 seats are not filled, we will call to reschedule your trip. Please plan accordingly. We strongly recommend travel insurance for this reason.
For parties of 6 or more: Since our minimum booking is 6 people, we can take parties of 6 or more any day of the week. Please call (970) 375-6112 for availability and to book.
$3,850 FOR PRIVATE CATS
We will offer private snowcats everyday of the week. Please call (970) 375-6112 for availability and to book.
- Only 1 credit card can be used to book a private cat.
Both options include:
- We guarantee five (5) runs. On a normal day, we get in 8-14 runs. If we do not get our minimum 5-run guarantee, we apologize in advance and will refund monies based on how many runs you received during your day. This guarantee is only in case of snowcat breakdowns or if the guides determine the snow is too dangerous to continue the tour.
- Volkl powder specific skis, powder-specific Burton snowboards and a large assortment of powder poles with larger baskets are available to rent. You are also welcome to bring your own equipment, however, there will be no discount if you do so. Rental equipment is limited so please be sure to mark the rental checkbox as you book.
- We provide all the backcountry safety equipment for you during your visit: BCA Tracker beacons, shovel and probe.
- There will always be three guides with you during the tour: lead guide, tail guide and a guide driving the snowcat.
- Sandwiches from Bread Bakery of Durango, Colo., as well as chips and a treat are included.
Rates do not include: gratuity (10% – 20% is customary, based on your budget)
Upon making a reservation at San Juan Untracked, all guests agree to these terms and conditions:
- Full payment is required to book your trip, 50% of which is non-refundable. If you cancel your reservation outside of 72-hours, we will refund you the other 50% . If you cancel within 72 hours, you will lose the entire trip cost.
- Your trip is 100% transferable, subject to availability. You can transfer it to another day, or transfer it to another person.
- No cash refunds will be given for any reason besides snowcat breakdowns or unsafe snow conditions. In either case, we will refund based on the number of runs you received during your day (we guarantee 5 runs, but typically get in 8-12).
- Our cancellation and refund policies are absolute and final. We strongly recommend travel insurance to all of our guests. Travel insurance covers you for unexpected cancellations, injuries, lost or stolen luggage and more. It is affordable and helps ensure your trip’s success.
- All guests are required to sign a waiver before being allowed to ski with us. By signing this document, guests will waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue. Please read this form carefully before signing.
- Alcohol or non-prescription drugs are not permitted while skiing or snowboarding.
- All guests are responsible for arriving on time. We expect guests to be at our office in the Plaza of Durango Mountain Resort at 8:00 AM. We have a small safety briefing and we leave at 8:30 a.m.
- For safety reasons, guests whose ability is low, or are uncooperative may be asked sit out runs. No refunds will be given.
- All prices are US dollars. We accept all major credit cards.